We are looking for a new Software tester to join a great company who have been in business for over 30 years. This particular part of the company build a range of software products that are used to create things from food, pharmaceuticals, money, cars and much more.
In this role you will be playing an important role in ensuring high quality standards are met across both legacy software projects and multiple innovative and pivotal projects for new applications.
We are looking for a talented, team-oriented Tester who enjoys a fast-paced environment and challenging projects to join a dynamic team in this role.
The Test Team accommodates both Automated and Manual tests. This role will reside on the manual test side, although there is scope for future training and progression to automated testing within the organisation.
This role will include the following responsibilities, it is desired that the candidate should have proven experience of all areas.
Professional - Test Specific
- Actively collaborate with test analyst, developers, stakeholders, and other subject matter experts to shape the product and deliver product releases.
- Provide feedback to the team on product quality and identify risks/issues (if any).
- Keen eye for detail.
- Balance quality with time bound delivery with a release perspective.
- Be able to apply requirements to real-world scenarios to understand the context.
- Maintain and write test designs based upon requirements.
- Create and triage test cases.
- Log product defects with evidence.
- Review failed test cases and work through root cause analysis to identify the true issue.
- Consider other factors that may cause test errors and work around where possible.
- Ability to work with the Test Manager and team members to come up with a testing strategy for a given release with inputs from the wider team, if needed.
Professional - General IT
- Proficient in the use MS Office.
- Understand domain and network topologies.
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps.
- Familiarity with JIRA.
- Experience working with Agile terminology.
- Use of client server.
- Experience of virtualisation.
- Use of Remote Desktop Manager or VMWare.
- Familiar with MS SQL Server.
- Use of sentinel licencing or similar.
- Awareness of active directory and user groups.
- A great attitude and drive to continuously learn and understand new concepts.
- Active interest in technology and infrastructure.
- Able to work well under pressure with integrity and credibility to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills.
- Good time keeping.
- Organised, methodical, and able to prioritise.
- Can work in a team and autonomously.
ISTQB Test foundation (desirable but not essential)
If this role sounds like the next step in your career then please send in your most relevant and up to date CV ASAP to be considered.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales